Dempsey Dyer Ltd
Tel: 01977 649641
Units 11-13 Langthwaite Business Park
Pontefract WF9 3AP
Dempsey timber windows are all tailor made by our experienced craftsmen to ensure complete satisfaction of our 'durable by design' criteria - providing you with a high quality timber window that will deliver on both security and aesthetics.
Fabricated using Accoya, European Oak, European Redwood and Sapele timber species, Dempsey Dyer's full range doors are available in a wide range of translucent or opaque colour finishes.
Dempsey II Stormproof
Our Dempsey II stormproof window can easily be adapted to suit many different situations, making it one of the most versatile products we manufacture. Choose from a range of cills, frame thicknesses, finishes and ironmongery for a high quality timber window that is suitable for any type of installation. We supply our timber stormproof windows with ovolo edged sashes (except where decorative horns are required) and ovolo beads as standard. Square edged sashes, round beads and putty line beads are available on request. Dempsey II stormproof windows are registered with the Energy Saving Trust and achieve Secured By Design status.
- Top-hung and side-hung windows use a UK manufactured hinge that is available in austenitic metal for enhanced corrosion resistant
- For heavier side hung sashes, a heavy duty hinge is incorporated to ensure optimum product performance
- Dry gasketed, with either sloped or concealed drainage systems, to reduce the risk of rotting and warping
- For extreme locations there is an option to upgrade to an aluminium section - further reducing the risk of moisture penetration
Dempsey V flush casement windows are ideal for conservation projects and are one of our most popular timber products. The window is available in a range of cills, frames thicknesses, finishes and hardware. Traditional butt hinges and casement stays, or modern high security espagnolette locking system options are also available.
- All top hung windows and side-hung egress windows use a UK fabricated hinge that is available in an austenitic material for increased resistance to corrosion
- Heavier side hung sashes feature a heavy duty hinge to reduce costly installer call-outs
- Dempsey V casement windows incorporate a full dry gasket glazing system available as externally or internally beaded. This system helps reduce moisture penetration.
Our timber V 82mm mock sash windows create the appearance of a traditional vertical slider whilst utilising the hinge and locking mechanisms of an open out Dempsey II Stormproof casement. A dummy sash to the bottom fixed pane ensures equal sight lines and where an egress requirement is specified the bottom dummy sash can be mounted on butt hinges with thumb turn locking points - allowing the sash to open. Dempsey V 82mm mock sash sliders benefit from the same dry gasket glazed drainage system as the Dempsey II stormproof.
Sash Sliding Window on Weights and Pulleys
Dempsey V traditional box sash slider with weights and pulleys uses a timber section size that is designed to replicate the traditonal vertical sliding window allowing for double glazed units. Ball race pulley systems and English brass ironmongery combine to create a smoothly operating, durable product. Complete with sash lift handles and central sash ring, together with locking fitch fasteners (subject to location of the trickle vent) our ironmongery is available in solid brass or chrome. Operating on sash cords, ball race pulleys and sash weights, our sash slider on weights and pulleys can be restricted to an opening of 100mm.
Sash Sliding on Spiral Balances
The Dempsey V traditional sash slider on spiral balances is suited for the new-build market as it does not require the deep reveals that are required on the traditional box sash and can even be fitted into a standard brick reveal. Our sash slider on spiral balances now accepts 24mm glass units.
- Pre-tensioned spiral balances available with lockable or non-lockable fitch fasteners.
- Ironmongery options include sash rings, D handles and lockable restrictors
- Features a dry gasket drainage system
Sash Sliding on Spiral Balances with Tilt Facility
Aimed specifically at the commercial market, the Dempsey IV traditional sash slider on spiral balances with tilt in facility enables easy cleaning of windows with restricted access, such as high-rise tower blocks.
- Both top and bottom sashes tilt inwards to 40o - 45o with the restrictor supporting a weight of up to 35kg's
- Dry gasket glazed drainage system with option aluminum bottom beads for high exposure areas
- Secured By Design accredited
Share this product: